What Works – Juntos Podemos
Join us at What Works 2018 – Juntos Podemos, Partners’ most important regional learning and networking event of the year! More than 200 dynamic change-agents from Partners’ Chapter network will come together to learn, share and connect. Presenters will highlight innovative ideas in partnership building and showcase effective practices in grassroots community development through voluntary service.
The conference will kick-off on December 5th with a welcome reception in the early evening, followed by two days of highly engaging panels and presentations on December 6th and 7th in San Antonio, Texas. This year’s What Works Conference will also include a special PRE-conference workshop IGNITE: Chapter Leader Training provided by SeeChange Consulting, December 5 from noon to 5pm (registration fee applies). In this workshop you will learn techniques to effectively recruit, retain and motivate your volunteers members and build a plan to IGNITE your chapter’s energy and action. Whether you are a new, current, incoming or hope-to-be traditional, affiliate or student chapter leader this is designed for you. In addition, there will be special youth leadership activities on Saturday, December 8th. Attendees will enjoy a variety of festivities that celebrate San Antonio’s rich cultural heritage in conjunction with the 300-year anniversary of the city.
The conference’s four primary objectives are:
- Improve affiliations among local and international counterparts in addition to Partners’ international office
- Share effective strategies and tactics in grassroots program development and execution
- Provide organizational development training for Chapters to acquire and maintain their in-country or in-state non-profit legal status
- Celebrate the 300-year legacy of San Antonio’s vibrant history and culture
Early Bird Rates (close August 31, 2018)
- Adult: $175
- Student: $75
Regular Rates (start September 1, 2018)
- Adult: $225
- Student: $95
*taxes and fees not included
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All registration fees are processed through Eventbrite, a U.S.-based event management and ticketing website. We highly encourage all international attendees to check with their banks and/or credit card companies before attempting to register for the conference to ensure they have authorization to make purchases for goods and services in the United States. Completing this step in advance will help you avoid problems with the registration process.
Your registration covers:
- Welcome reception on December 5
- Two lunches on December 6-7
- Gala dinner on December 7
- All conference sessions and materials on December 6-7
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel
110 Lexington Ave
San Antonio, TX 78205
- $80.00 per night for single/double/triple/quad occupancy inclusive of breakfast buffet
How to Make Your Hotel Reservation:
- Step One: Click THIS link — http://bit.ly/HotelWhatWorks2018
- Step Two: Apply our conference discount code — Partners
- Step Three: Select the total number of rooms and guests per night
- Step Four: Proceed to checkout to complete the transaction and secure your rooms
Offer only valid through August 31, 2018
Cancellation must occur no later than 72 hours prior to your arrival date to avoid a cancellation fee of first night’s room and tax.
*You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-736-4311 at any time. Make sure you ask for or mention “Partners rate” in your correspondence.
Call for Presenters
We encourage Partners Chapters and other affiliated organizations committed to connecting, serving and changing lives in the Americas to submit session presentation proposals that:
- Demonstrate proven results in program development
- Highlight effective, systemic and sustainable practices and processes for designing and executing programs
- Share program innovations building toward future success based on important emerging trends in the field
- Provide practical, replicable and adaptable tools and resources
- Offer fresh perspective, models and strategies for Partners’ network to adopt.
Review the following Call for Presenters Guidelines carefully. Complete and submit the subsequent Proposal Form to email@example.com by July 30, 2018 (Extended Date).
- Call for Presenters Guidelines_English (click to download pdf)
- Call for Presenters Proposal Form_English (click to download pdf)
- Read the Call for Presentations – Submission Guidelines carefully.
- Discuss and refine your presentation proposal with your colleagues.
- Review the questions in the proposal form so that you know what content questions will be asked.
- Prepare and copy edit your submission proposal answers and save a copy as a document for your records.
- Submit your proposal to Texas Partners via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2018. Note the following in your email:
- Subject Line: Should be the “Title of your presentation”
- Email Body: Should include the full name and contact information of the person who submitted the proposal as well as the name of the Chapter or organization you represent.
- Attachments: a PDF version of your completed proposal form
- Complete one proposal submission for each session your Chapter or organization is proposing.
- An individual may appear as a presenter or convener on no more than two applications.
- Texas Partners reserves the right to combine similar sessions and edit titles and descriptions if needed.
- Due to scheduling constraints, we are not able to honor requests for specific time slots.
- Prior to submitting your application, make sure to confirm the participation of all your speakers. Speaker substitutions are discouraged.
- Please submit your proposal by the July 30th deadline (Extended Date).
Key Dates and Deadlines
- The proposal submission deadline is July 30, 2018 (Extended Dates).
- Notifications will be sent no later than August 4, 2018.
- The primary presenter will receive a $50 discount on the conference fee; each presenter is required to register and pay the conference registration fee by August 31, 2018 (This discount will only apply to presenters with Adult Rate registrations, not Student Rate).
Preconference – What Works Leadership Skills Building Workshop – December 5, 2018
Registration fee – $25
Youth Leadership | December 4, 5, 8 , 2018
Volunteer Opportunities. Place to volunteer TBA.
To register contact Susanna Meyer: SMeyer@partners.net / (202) 637-6210
December 8, 2018: Youth participants will share their experiences and lessons learned from 8am – 12pm, place TBA.
Members of Partners Chapter’ may be eligible to receive a travel grant to attend What Works 2018! All travel grants are due no later than July 15, 2018.
Note: The primary language of the conference is English with some sessions in Spanish. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to provide on-site interpretation services for all attendees. If you have a special request for this or any other accommodation, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Click here to check your calendar: